The church that preceded the present one was a long building with the outer walls whitewashed,
built on the sloping ground so that there was a considerable ascent of the floor towards the east.
There was a south transeptal chapel and over the west gable there was a bell turret with two open arches
for the bells. There was no west window, only a plain door. It had a gallery and could seat 137 persons.
By the Nineteenth century it was in constant need of repair and had fallen into such a ruinous condition by the
1860's that services had to be held in the schoolroom. The present attractive little church with its beautiful
and distinctive circular rose window under the bell turret was built in 1872 and renovated in 1995. The window
was the gift of the squire's widow in memory of her husband, William Owen Brigstocke, of Blaenpant, who is buried under the yew tree in the churchyard.